HISTORY

Summit Christian Academy is a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church international school system, which operates more than 7,000 schools worldwide. Seventh-day Adventist education was established in Salt Lake City in 1927. For a number of years, the Adventist school was located near South High School on State Street.

On June 15, 1957, the church was asked to sell the building so that South High School could be enlarged. J.B. Currier, an Adventist pastor in the Salt Lake area during the late 1950s; Donna and Gene Templemann; and many other volunteers worked with diligence and personal sacrifice to get a new school built for the beginning of the 1957 school year at 965 East 3370 South. It started as a two-room school, but quickly expanded to more rooms, five teachers, and ten grades.


Summit Christian Academy operated at this location until 2011, when it moved nearby to its current one at 4020 South 900 East. The new facility is in a more accessible location and provides a larger building with a full-size gymnasium, a library with natural lighting, and increased parking to better accommodate its growing needs.

SCA is proud to have provided exceptional education for decades -- and for more to come.